PDA

View Full Version : tx polaris

johnm
02-08-2011, 06:17 PM
help! where do I get the dark blue polaris paint for my sled 1980 tx? thanks John

Polaris TX
02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi.

I have a paint code here. I will look it up. It is Mazda Bay Blue..

Thank you.

Shawn

johnm
02-08-2011, 07:49 PM
ok thanks Shawn

dutchy
04-02-2011, 01:02 AM
talk to willy in wingham he panted mine if u wanna see the coulour of it we can have some beers and look at some real sleds !! http://www.acscc.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif nice to see more blue out thier

poidy
04-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Also have question for you Shawn or anyone else, do you have the codes for the 74 and 75 TXs also? I do not think they are the same?

Pking
04-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Also have question for you Shawn or anyone else, do you have the codes for the 74 and 75 TXs also? I do not think they are the same?

Midnight Blue is a diffecult color to find ,1975 to 83, If Shawn has the correct paint code ,I would need it as well ,because I've went through alot of different codes and so far none are correct , I have used a 78 ford blue (which one book suggested) .it is close but not correct ,and most have Metalic in it which is wrong.I did find another color which is the closest as far as I can tell ,the only thing that should be used is a black primmer ,which is expensive. believe it or not , I can get the same darkness but midnight blue has a little purple it in .

I do have a good color for 1973 to 74 ,(chev blue ,I think it's early 80's color) and have the correct code for light blue early Polaris 65 to 71 .

Still didn't find code for 72 ,I need to mix my own (color on it's own) the only early Polaris with metalic.

Just my experiance.

Earl

poidy
04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks Earl, will see when Shawn reposts the code, so you think it will need the black primer first? never seen that stuff, I assume the grey does not look as good? Did not know the 75 TX was the midnight blue colour, got rid of some a year ago, thought I was not in need of it.....

Polaris TX
04-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi All.

I got it here. I will post it up after dinner. Mazda Bay blue is what it is.

Later

Shawn

Polaris TX
04-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi.

Here is the paint code.

Omni

OEM code. DV.

Mazda Bay Blue

MAE 17128

I hope this helps.

Later

Shawn

PINHEAD
04-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Is that the same for a 74?

poidy
04-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Is that the same for a 74?

No, Of what I was told that the midnight blue for the 75 TX, (and up) which Shawn suggests, plus fella here want to redo his 73 Starfire, I am thinking maybe that paint will be the 74 TX colour?

PINHEAD
04-12-2011, 09:11 AM
No, Of what I was told that the midnight blue for the 75 TX, (and up) which Shawn suggests, plus fella here want to redo his 73 Starfire, I am thinking maybe that paint will be the 74 TX colour?

Can you let me know when you find out?

poidy
04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Can you let me know when you find out?

Well I think the Polaris gurus here will help, PKing, Hal Armstrong, and the prez, so far even the gurus in the states are having a problem, different opinions for sure??

Also earnhardnorth had this link

I found this ppg# 14587 at VS.com

http://www.vintagesl...BILE-PAGE-2.pdf (http://www.vintagesleds.com/library/manuals/misc/PPGSNOWMOBILE-PAGE-2.pdf)

Also for the "midnight blue, fella said

Find your local boat dealership that is an Evinrude E-tec dealership. The E-tec blue is about a 98% match, part #351907. This is in an aerosol that's lays down very nice.

I will try that on the 75TX....

beaverton
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM
This came from an American site a couple of years ago.Polaris colours Med Blue 14717 PPG

Midnight Blue 17128 PPG

White/Cream 8346 PPG

Br. White 2185 PPG

Years were not given.

Jim

PINHEAD
04-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Well I think the Polaris gurus here will help, PKing, Hal Armstrong, and the prez, so far even the gurus in the states are having a problem, different opinions for sure??

Also earnhardnorth had this link

I found this ppg# 14587 at VS.com

http://www.vintagesl...BILE-PAGE-2.pdf (http://www.vintagesleds.com/library/manuals/misc/PPGSNOWMOBILE-PAGE-2.pdf)

Also for the "midnight blue, fella said

Find your local boat dealership that is an Evinrude E-tec dealership. The E-tec blue is about a 98% match, part #351907. This is in an aerosol that's lays down very nice.

I will try that on the 75TX....

When you paint can you post pic please?

poidy
04-15-2011, 01:16 PM
yeah, the 75, when the weather ever warms up, that might be awhile, 75 TX skis are good, so will go by that clour to match, see how close the e tec Evenrude can paint is...

earnhardtnorth
04-15-2011, 08:06 PM
If you guys were into the "older" sleds you wouldn't have to worry about it so much! lol

The guy ( Kevin) I bought my '64 Comet from spoke with David Johnson at Polaris's 45th anniversary about paint codes and correct colours. David told him "...you guys worry too much about that. We would go to the local hardware store when we would run out and buy more red paint! It wasn't always the same, some were a little darker than others..."

Kevin also gave me the picture of David Johnson sitting on, what would become, my Comet in June of '99 at the factory. Just a little early Polaris history, and some more useless walk around knowledge for ya!